Saving money...as easy as 123!








Saturday, January 1, 2011

December Household Spending = FAIL

Follow me as I work towards a $450 per month grocery~dining out~toiletry~diapering budget for my family of 5. When we started working towards this we were spending upwards of $900 PER MONTH on all of this...we've come a long way and are working to get closer to that $450 each month. I share this information to keep myself accountable more than anything. It's like a game each month to make sure we stay below our goal.

This month was awful for our grocery budget.  I still used my coupons and shopped the ads, but there were many little trips to the store for things we'd forgotten to grab over the holidays and we'd end up grabbing a few extra things while we were there.  And then you have to figure in that trip I made and totally blew my budget!  This month will be much better.  I hate to share my totals with you this month, but here we go.
December Household Spending - $521.41 (waaaay over this month)

December Household Savings - $388.98

December Rebates & Survey Money Received - $145.69!!!!  That kind of made up for my overspending. ($37.70 in surveys, $30.99 in rebates, $10 Amazon Gift card from Shop It To Me...you can still get this too, just go HERE and I redeemed $60 in Swagbucks...which you can earn too).

December Rebates Submitted, not received - $10.00

So, there you have it. Our spending and savings for the month. Check with me next month to see how we do. If you have some great savings you'd like to share I'd love to hear all about it! Have you shrunk your grocery bill too?

Michelle

No comments: