Saving money...as easy as 123!








Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Years Resolutions

eloanadvisor.com

I'm a couple days behind posting my Happy New Year post, but today was the day we really got back in to the swing of things at my house since the kids just went back to school.  So it's a new year and that means New Years Resolution time!  I always have high hopes that I will stick with my resolutions and then come the 2nd or 3rd week I've forgetten all about them.  Not this year.  I have a plan and I'm going to stick to it.  I think for me it's really going to help having a written plan of how I'm going to reach my goals for the year.  And then I will remember that I'm sharing my goals with you....I have to make sure I stick with them now.  :)

So, here is a list of my goals, personally and blogally.  Okay, that's totally not a word, but you know what I'm trying to say ~ I hope.

Personally
  • Organize in my house.  There are so many areas in the house I'd like to do something different with and I just don't know where to start.  So, I'm going room by room and organizing.  I've started with our bedroom and will move on from there. 
  • Along with my organizing comes decluttering.  This is something "fun" we can do together if you'd like.  :)  I half started a Decluttering Challenge I found out about on another blog ~ Amy's Finer Things ~ last year.  I did get rid of quite a bit, but I'm really going to track it this year and probably take a few pictures to share before I head to Goodwill or the trash if that's where it belongs.  I'd love to hear if you're interested in participating in this resolution with me. 
  • And along the getting my house in order resolutions above, I'm also setting up a cleaning schedule for the house.  Don't get me wrong...I cleaned my house before, but I'd try to cram cleaning the entire house all in to one day a week and instead I will be spreading it out during the week.  Here's my plan ~ Monday will be the bedrooms, Tuesday is the living room, Wednesday is the dining room, Thursday is the kitchen, Friday is the bathroom and with 5 of us in this house every day is laundry day....FUN!  But really, I am excited...or as excited as I can be...about my new cleaning schedule. 
  • Reading the Bible all the way through.  I was so excited about the Bible my husband's Granny gave me for Christmas this year.  I had mentioned to her over Thanksgiving that I would love to read the Bible all the way through at some point, but it seemed so overwhelming.  She was listening because she got me The Daily Bible® and it has about 6 pages of reading for me each day.  It takes you through the entire Bible in 1 year.  I've been surprised already by the first few days of reading.  I've been going to church all my life, but I'm learning all kinds of new things in this book. 
  • At least 1 night out each month with my husband.  We've always tried to make sure we do this, but our kid's schedules have been so busy lately and we haven't had as much time.  I've already got us lined out for 1 night this month and for Christmas I got him a night out a comedy club and a night's stay in Kansas City through Groupon, which saved a ton of money.  Oh and I grabbed a $25 gift card for dinner for free by using my points at MyPoints.  We can't wait to use our Kansas City gift certificates!
  • Family Night/Day at least every other week.  We'll put it on the calendar and everyone will clear their schedules for that night.  We might have a game night or watch a movie or have a picnic at the park.  Whatever we do, I know we'll have fun!
Blogging Goals
  • First and foremost, I have to launch the new website.  I'm such a creature of habit, I'm having a hard time giving up the familiarity of this website.  I know I will get used to the new one, but this is my "baby".  So, hopefully by the first of next week I will launch the new site.  Just keep in mind, it's a work in progress...I'll get it just the way I want.  It's already better than what we have here, I just hate the unknown. 
  • I'd like to write more focused articles for you.  I have a few regular posts that you can expect from me in the new year.  Munchy Monday (thanks to my friend Nikki, I grabbed her idea...I just love that name).  On Monday's you will get a new recipe from me that is either my own or one that I have found through friends, family, the internet...I love trying new recipes and thought you might too.  You can expect a Freebie Friday post and I'll share all the freebies I found throughout the week.  You'll still see some throughout the week that are time sensitive, but there will be a full list on Friday's for sure.  You'll still get my monthly check up on the budget and around the same time you'll see how I did on the decluttering for the month as well.  And finally I will be sharing our menu plan for the upcoming week.  I plan our menu on Wednesday after I see the Dillons ad, so this will probably be a Thursday post.
  • Writing before the day I plan to post things.  I've kind of been blogging by the seat of my pants.  I'd really like to write some of my posts out a few days before I post them.  That means I need a plan of what I'm going to write about...so there's another resolution!
I think I better stop there.  How about you?  Do you set New Years Resolutions for yourself?

Michelle

No comments: